View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #462
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Actually, Carolina had (and still does have) room under the cap, so it wasn't a cap casualty thing. Basically, it was a parting of ways as Carolina wanted to get younger and Brett wanted to move back west where his wife's family is originally from. Couldn't get any takers from a west coast team until now.

At any rate, Carolina completes a sweep of back-to-backs with Toronto as Niclas Wallin is continuing his stellar early season play with an OT winner, 5-4. Something of a reversal of the last game other than the outcome as Carolina pounded the Leafs early, then let the Leafs catch up before winning in OT.

Well, I wasn't talking about Carolina's situation (although I admit I didn't know why he was no longer there). I was talking about the league in general being up against the cap, and that leading to some players still remaining unsigned, even though they seem to have the talent to still be playing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote