View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #415
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Been an interesting week in Anaheim for the NHL. Surprised no one commented on Friday's game.

Wednesday, the Ducks took an exciting overtime game from the Wings, ending their streak, 5-4. Teemu got his 21st hat trick, which the active leader, and is now tied with Guy LaFleur on the all time goal scoring list with 550.

Then on Friday, the Ducks went up two on the Canucks, then allowed five straight goals, and then tied it up with three straight of their own--before the end of the second period!

This one went to 6-6 (Perry getting the game-tier with a minute to go) and a shootout--which took 13 rounds to finish before the Canucks finally won it.

Then tonight, they beat the Flames, 3-2, that should have been easier than it ended up being. This snapped the Flames' six game win streak.

Ducks have a seven game point streak going. Getzlaf got five points in Wednesday's game, and Perry five in Friday's; the first time two teammates have gotten that many points in consecutive games since Montreal in 1998 (Damphousse was one, forget the other). Getzlaf has a seven game point streak, and Perry and Teemu six.

Obviously, we'll ride this as long as it lasts.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-02-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote