View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #372
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I didn't know that. I just see him body slam guys. I think they should let him throw punches every once in a while.

Goose and Connolly should be back very soon, if by Thursday's game. I'm guessing Ellis will go back down (he's played very solid). I'm guessing Peters will be the next man out? It'll be interesting to see what they do when Hecht comes back (he should be back soon as well, I think). MacArthur is playing terrific hockey. You can't sit Kaleta (besides his pest and checking abilities, he's not a bad player. He can skate, and gives a 100% effort every time he's on the ice).

Well, Ellis is definitely the first guy that comes out. He's been fine but is easily replaced.

Peters is the next one that would be scratched - you hope that Mair, Kaleta and Goose could handle any physical altercations that arise during the game, although Mair still looks to be hurt and avoiding fighting at all costs.

When Hecht comes back, you have a decision to make. Lindy Ruff is just looking for a reason to take out MacArthur - he's got four goals and looks decent out there in stretches offensively but he's just not a solid defensive player, misses assignments and is downright horrible on draws. He will be the next guy to get scratched in my opinion, over Kaleta.

Other than that, Ruff might just start playing the hot hands and benching the guys who are struggling, like Stafford, who just isn't doing anything on the top line with Vanek. Max is driving me crazy even more than usual this year despite his seven assists...he needs to be taught a lesson that skating around the perimeter in circles then shooting the puck into the defenders shinpads isn't effective offensive hockey.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote