View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #326
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm happy that the Getzlaf-Kunitz-Perry line is firing, and that most (not all) of the stupid penalties have been eliminated. Defensive play is worrying, but Giguere and Hiller are doing their best to make up for it. Hiller is the real deal and will replace Giggy pretty soon IMO - if not this year then in time for the start of next season.

As for the Hedican signing, I'd have rather done without it, but MacIver and Montodor are trash. It might be a necessary evil. I don't know what to make of Ryan - he's tearing it up in the AHL again, but Carlisle just doesn't seem willing to give him a chance with the Ducks. Even when he's been up with the big club, he hasn't gotten the consistent minutes to show what he can do. From what I've seen of Morrison, I'd much rather have Ryan on that line with Selanne. Another knee-jerk signing of a player on the downside of his career because "we have a need", didn't learn anything from Bertuzzi and Schneider last season. Ironic because the cup run was built on the young guns (Getz, Perry, Kunitz and Penner)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote