View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #325
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I hardly think all the goals the Ducks are giving up, or the way they are letting teams back into games after taking early leads is particularly good or helpful. All that said, nice to take three in a row now on this Eastern Conference road swing. It seems like we're on our way back to "average". Once we reach there (assuming we do), maybe then we can start building back to "very good", which is where everyone preficted we would be in the first place.

I thought it was interesting we picked up Hedican a couple days ago. Not a lot of faith in the blueliners behind Nieds and Pronger to do that, with Anaheim salcap room at a premium right now. I mean, signing Hedican might mean that a potential savior of our hit and miss offense, Bobby Ryan, won't have a chance whatsoever at being called up, so the Ducks must have had serious fears about their blueline depth to make this move.

I will be interested to hear what bhlloy thinks of that move, and the recent turnaround in game results (if not play, I still think the Ducks have a lot of improving they need to do).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote