View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #608
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea defining moments are absolutely broken. I had a great one today.

1:32 left in the second quarter down 10-7 we have the ball 4th and 4 from our opponents 5 yard line. I have the choice to either:

A: Kick the easy field goal to most likely tie the game at halftime. If I choose this option the fans, media, coaches, players, and my owner will all feel that I've made a horrible call and my approval will drop dramatically.

B: Go for it. The fans, media, coaches, players, and my owner all feel this is right the call.......

Another great one. 3:52 left in the 4th quarter we have ALL of our timeouts left. We just punched the ball in the endzone to make the score 17-14. We need just a field goal to tie the game. We basically have no choice but to onside the kick and give them the ball basically in field goal position as a result of a defining moment.

I think these moments should be rare. It feels to me these are in the game to make you coach a certain way EVERY GAME. A certain way that goes against conventional wisdom. I find it hard to believe that any coach they have on this game would make these calls on a regular basis.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote