View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Just the same stupid penalty over and over and over ad infinitum. Give the puck away -> bad defensive position -> hooking call. Has been the same way since the start of last season. At what point do you say thanks Carlyle for the cup, but if you can't get your players to stop taking the same penalty 5 times a game, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out?

Combine that with a much weaker blueline (Schneider and O'Donnell might not have been great, but they were 10x better than Montodor, Klee and MacIver put together) and I just have a real bad feeling about this season.

Oh, and next time you take a double minor penalty on a retaliation call, let's actually make somebody pay. Niedermayer should be smarter than that...

Yup, can't say it much better than that. If the backend of the blueline is going to continue playing like this, I say cut them all and bring up Salcido, Festerling and the kids. At least they might learn something from Niedermayer before he leaves.

And as I am typing this, they get another penalty. Ugh.

The turnover issues remind me a lot of 2003-04, when we were just awful in the year after we went to the Cup.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote