View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #379
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I disagree, Tito Ortiz, Frank Shamrock, a Ken Shamrock v. Kimbo rematch where they air the weigh in footage over and over and over.....and Carrano. It will DEFINITELY get another airing and we havnt even got the ratings yet. I will bet 3R on it.

Doesn't sound as though the organization will survive long enough for it to happen (assuming the financial details of this editorial are correct)

They had to borrow money just to get through to tonight after accruing over $50 million in debt already. Kimbo was the franchise, only Carano has any marketability to the masses & that's largely a sideshow itself (albeit a talented sideshow perhaps). They might be able to work something with Ortiz in a last ditch effort to save themselves but that's the only shot I see left for them. As fighters go, Ken is one of the best talkers left, pity the tank is so obviously empty. And Frank? Well let's be honest, do you really see him as a guy who can save a company at this stage of his career?

They'd have a better shot at drawing ratings if they went back to the roots & just showed a toughman contest from a bar somewhere.