View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #40
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Quick thoughts on the Sabres' season:
* First off, great job securing Jason Pominville to a long-term deal [just today].
* I'm actually excited about the team's new association with the minor league affiliate from Portland, coached by Kevin Dineen. Dineen is one of those guys I've always admired as an opponent.
* I'm in the minority of people in Western NY who see G Ryan Miller as more "middle-of-the-pack" than elite, but I feel and hope he can take his game to another level this season. That being said, I'm thrilled to have Patrick Lalime spelling him instead of Jocelyn Thibeaux.
* The defense last year was migraine-inducing, but I have hope that the addition of Craig Rivet, the maturing of Mike Weber and Andrej Sekera, the return to health of Teppo Numinen and a return to form for Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman can make for a pretty solid corps of blueliners.
* There probably aren't too many wingers on this year's squad that are household names outside of Buffalo and fantasy hockey geeks, but they've got a lot of young talent that should only perform better this year, and which still managed to finish 4th in scoring last season.

PREDICTION
I dont think they win the division, but they make the playoffs, win a round, and get bounced.

I think that Miller is solid, but not elite. Of course, he got overworked last year and had no defensive help.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote