View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The problem with Leino is he has an out in his contract where basically he has to agree to be sent down and if he is (he says he is with this mind you) he can opt out at years end assuming he doesn't see a future.

Chances are it doesn't matter anyway as he is fighting for the 13th spot and said he'll go to GR to work to start the year.

Anyway, Kopecky will probably be the 13th forward assuming his knee is alright, and from there it'll be a numbers game.

On D, I still think they're looking to deal Lilja for something to clear one mil off the books, and as you said, one of Quincy/Meech will be gone.

I think the 6th D will be Chelios for about 50 games and Ericcson for 30, though Ericcson and not Chelly will be the ones to fill in for injuries (cough Kronwall) if they know the guy will be out a while.

Chelly will do enough to get his name on the Cup assuming we win, and then I truly believe ride off into the sunset.

As far as in net, I hope it's Ozzy and Conklin, and then let Howard and Larsson start competing in Grand Rapids.

Hell Grand Rapids will be awesome this year to watch because of all the youth there: Abdelkader, Helm, Kindl, Howard, Larsson, etc.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote