View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Well you are correct - for those that don't know FOH has a very long (decades) history of being a top notch tabletop game and it has guys that have been playing in leagues for 20+ years. When the game was converted to a PC game for .400 it was (and still is) a computerized way to play the tabletop game. The PC game has had some minor upgrades to it (like shootouts) but we are working with what we have and right now that's a single season replay sim.

There's a small but extremely loyal fan base there and they want their yearly version of the game and that is what we aim to give them. This was somewhat of a hurried process with the time frame from Rick leaving Medley Games but we're going to do the best we can to get it ready for this NHL season. In the discussions I had with Rick the #1 most important thing above anything else was simply keeping the game alive for the people who have invested so many years into the game. From the comments we have seen so far, the loyal FOH fans are extremely happy and hopeful that their favorite game will have a more stable future now than it has recently had.

However the turnoff to the PC game to most people at .400 is a similar one expressed here - the sports games most here generally play are career based games and we do plan on really reworking the game so that not only do you have the option of playing it replay style but also in a full career mode too. I don't know when that will happen - I hope its for next season - but the biggest goal was to at least keep it alive for the people who play it the way it is now. It's a different audience - one that we hope will integrate into our community and get hooked on some of our career based games too. Its the same thing with Music Wars Rebirth (coming very shortly BTW) - totally different game, totally different audience but its going to be a very good game that we just need to get people to give a shot.

Who knows - maybe there's merit in opening up some of our other games to being replay sims as well as career sims. One thing I have found in making the games is that there is always someone who wants one more option.

kudos to you for recognizing the priority of the long-time users of the game and putting that ahead of anything else Gary.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote