View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

New PC Game Digital Distribution Site (GoodOldGames.com) opens this weekend

GOG.com Teaser

The site offers classic games like Fallout 1 and 2, kinda like Gametap does but instead of a monthly fee, you pay to purchase the games, which are then downloaded digitally. The benefits:

A) All games have been tested and modified so they will work on XP and Vista.
B) Games come with addons such as walkthroughs, high res desktops, game guides, soundtracks in MP3 format, etcetera
C) Games will go cheap, they state their price points are $5.99 and $9.99
D) (The Biggie) NO DRM. You buy it, you can download it to however many machines you have, and you do not need to be connected to play your games.

If you register an email with the site before Midnight sunday night into monday, you will get in their early access beta, which includes a free game (from Interplay, your choice) with every purchase.

Just like I crack on the Starforce-types, I have to give props where its deserved, these guys are doing it the right way. Cheap Price, good support, and trusting the customer. If you're interested in good classic PC games, I would urge you guys to at least sign up and take a look.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote