View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #457
AgustusM
College Prospect

TroyF

I will save the board the annoyance of copying and pasting point by point.

I think for the most part we agree.

There are a few things that I would debate.

Running Game
My running game should not be as bad as it is. My talent level is at least average (OL: 90-92-86-84-86, RB:86) and I understand the basics of running the football. I probably understand better than most since I have been coaching real football since 1987, though that ability really doesn't translate here.

Even for a moment if we assume that I am the worst possible playcaller who only runs in obviously situations, chooses not to run behind my best OL and ignores all my mastered plays and only calls my unlearned ones. I should not be seeing 6 yards losses every other play and a season long yards per carry of 2.5. Last years real world worst was 3.1.

I also spend the overwhelming majority of my practice time on improving the run.

Also if I am the worst running play caller in history, then I am the greatest defensive coach in history becasue I am giving up less than 2 yards a carry.

My third point here is I am not the only person having this problem, many others have as well and the sliders are not helping at all.

Passing Game
I still believe the passing game is too good. Many have posted their outrageous stats and while Quinn has good ratings (86) in the game, his ratings and the rest of my offense should not equal 4500 yards passing, which is the second most in NFL history.

The worst part of the run/pass problem to me is I am an old school run the ball, play action pass type of coach and that game plan does not work in this game.

Field Goals

field goals are broken, Josh even said today they found the problem and added it to the patch list. I have my sliders at 100/100 and my kicker and opposition kickers are making 20% of kicks and 30 yard field goals are coming up 10 yards short.

Having said all that - I agree with you most of all that the game is fun to play. I have played about 50 hours of this game since release.

I have high hopes for the patch and if they can fix these few things I will never see any more posts in this thread, becasue all of my free time will be spent playing the game.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote