View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #451
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
I took a look at the full game, I don't have a plasma so I never really paid attention (I've got an lcd). The approval rating does stay on the screen during the entire time you're on the coach clipboard area, including on pretty much all the menus (trading, ect). The only thing that I see you could maybe do is pause the game, which turns the approval rating into a pause sign instead but I'm not sure if that'd help or not. I don't see any way to turn it off either.

Even with the approval rating gone though, NFL.com and an EA sports logos are pretty much static on the main screen the entire time also. Pause just greys them out slightly.

And coaching a game, while I haven't tried the demo I don't believe its any different.

Damn, thanks for the info. The more I think about it, I think I'll still get the game, I will just need to be very careful about how much I play it. That might actually be a good thing in the end anyways, hopefully it will keep me from vegging out for hours on end

Besides, with NHL 09 coming out the following week, I'll probably be getting a lot of time in on that to break things up.

Still, it would be nice if developers (and TV networks) would take this into account more often. In this day and age, having the image shift locations or fade away for periods of time really shouldn't be that difficult.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote