View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #448
AgustusM
College Prospect

a couple thoughts

I have played out 20 complete games at full15 min qtrs so far, so something is right with the game.

Bottom line it is fun to play, the draft is fantastic, the scouting is really well done.

Further bottom line it is riddled with bugs and the workaround list needs its own prima guide.

Passing is WAY too easy. Pretty much every QB for any human control team can throw for 4,000 yards. I had Brady Quinn throw for the second most yards in history and pretty much every post I have seen has their QB throwing for 4,000+ yards. I don't even like to throw the ball preferring an old school run first philosophy, but...

Running is WAY too hard - 2.5 yards a carry is not good.

Fumbles are out of control - 5 a game on average.

Kickers can't make field goals beyond 29 yards and not only do they miss they come up 10 yards short. junior football kickers are better than this.

You can't call plays in 2 minute offense (it runs no huddle and calls the exact same play over and over without any option to audible)

Starting QB's play on the kickoff team which is a minor annoyance until they get hurt and then it becomes a major annoyance. Although no worries your scrup backup will throw for 300 yards a game anyway.

Injury bug, salary bug

The GM portion of the game is a blast to play and very well done. But if the bugs force me to sim games rather than play them out, and there is a 15 year cap - why wouldn't I just play FOF? I really want to love this game, it is so close to being great, but in typical EA fashion they screw up just enough of it to drive you crazy.

To be fair, most of the bugs are on the patch list, but as with all EA things, I will believe it when I see it.

Also I was already forced to scrap one season and start over because of the injury bug and I am afraid that I will need to do it again in order to benefit from the patch.

Yes all games have limitations, and this game is light years ahead of the crap that was the first Head Coach. But the mounting list of issues here is disheartening.

I know we should all know this by now, but seriously what is EA's beta testing policy, let one guys 5 year old play it for 30 minutes and then consider it gold?

Even further bottom line - the fanboyism on the OS boards is off the charts. anything pointing out the obvious errors is shot down with a flood of fanboy nonsense. The guys over there are so ecstatic that the developers actually respond (which is so uncommon with EA) that they overlook the fact that while they have talked about a patch, they have yet to produce anything. I am an admited fanboy on the OOTP forums, but that is because Markus has an almost 10 year track record of listening and addressing bugs. EA has an even longer record of counting their money while making the evil laugh sound.

Last edited by AgustusM : 08-29-2008 at 12:28 PM.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote