View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #1005
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
The issue with that picture is the most exaggerated and manipulated news i have read in years. Maybe in other countries that had and have racism problems for years, the press is so paranoid, but in countries where racism has not ever been an issue, that kind of pic wouldn't have even made the news.

Funny how the UK press tried to make a bid thing about this while they tried to hide on every possible way their prince going to a private party wearing a nazi suit.

There is a popular said in Spain that translated is something like: "Thinks the thief that everybody is like him"

So nobody's allowed to criticize racism unless their country has never had an issue with it? That wouldn't bode well for world progress in this area. The Spanish team was right to be called out for that display. I'm actually surprised it wasn't bigger news. If that was the US team there'd be calls to have them banned from the Olympics (with the Europeans surely leading the rallying cry). But apparently not as much is expected from the Spaniards, which isn't surprising after what I've read about the experiences of Samuel Eto'o there.

Last edited by molson : 08-26-2008 at 09:58 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote