Thread: 6-man rotation
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

One thing I've "noticed" and not necessarily done testing, or really analyzed much has to do with the use of the 5-man, start highest rested pitcher setup, which is what I think most people use.

I feel like if you use this set up, that your top pitchers should get more starts than they do, and that the only time the 5th starter should start is if there is no day off in the 5-day period. OOTP does not seem to do this. Again, this is just my observation, and I've never really even analyzed any of the scheduling to see how this works.

In real life I would say most teams use what would be called the strict order, using a 5-man rotation. Occasionally a 5th starter will get skipped though.

I guess what I would like to see is a 4-man rotation, and a spot starter who starts if all are tired, and not just in place of the 4th man.

I know this wasn't what you were referring to, just my thoughts on the game though.

I would have a hard time ever going with a 6-man rotation. I think if I was in that situation I would lean towards trying to trade a guy, in a league with a salary cap, preferably the guy with the highest salary.
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote