View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #260
spleen1015
Coordinator

I got the CE for the PS3 yesterday strictly to play HC.

I fired it up and created a new coach. The process of creating your coach is fairly deep I'd say. You start out giving him a First and Last name and picking what he's going to look like. I know one thing, all of the choices are ugly sons o' bitches!

After that, you get to pick an overall trait.The choices range from being a Ego-maniac, Bill Parcells type (no sympathy for players). If you guys want, I will do a little more research into the choices here. My memory is failing me with this.

After that, you 'build' your coach. You start out with a certain number of points (40,000, I think). You use these points to give your coach skills. You have 'normal' skills and special skills.

Some of the normal skills effect Team Chemistry, How well the players respond to you. You can have your coach benefit player development for any of the positions. These normal skills have 5 levels and you start with level 1 in all of them. Each level costs more than the level before. So, for example, if level 2 is 3500 points, then level 3 will be 5000 or 6000.

The very first special skill on the screen costs 10,000 points. It reduce the cost of all other special skills by 15%. Some of the special skills are you can increase the time it takes for your players to unlearn the playbook during the season or during the off season. OL that play for you run block better or pass block better. Runningbacks run better. Things like that.

I did most of this from memory. So, some of the information isn't too detailed.

When I have time later today, I will go over the Draft if no one else has talked about it. It is pretty cool.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote