View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #370
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I think I was watching on NBC when one of the commentators was pissing me off. After one of the Chinese guys screwed something up, he was smiling. And the commentator goes off a bit (didn't sound angry or was yelling, but still) on how he doesn't like athletes smiling away mistakes, making a joking matter out of it, and how he knows this is how some people deal with it but he doesn't think it's right.

Anyone catch that part? Seemed kinda odd to me. I don't see anything wrong with smiling away disappointment. I know I've seen in in many sports, as kind of a "I can't believe that just happened" reaction...

There is a school of thought that you can't be taking the competition seriously if you smile after a mistake. Players get ripped for it all the time. When you make a mistake, you better break something to prove that you are upset about it
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote