View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #354
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I watch gymnastics hoping for another Kerry Strugg moment, not for who the judges decide is going to win.
Of course, Kerri Strug's moment was a a bit manufactured and unnecessary due to Bela Karolyi being unable to do math and NBC needing some promotion. Her first vault score was good enough to win the gold and her second vault score was virtually identical to her first when she fell on the landing. Go figure.

Yes, it was nice to see the men's team win a bronze without two of their best athletes competiting, but I'm just jingoistic enough to believe that American's should celebrate more for winning a bronze than the team that won gold celebrated. Act lik you've been there before!

Of course, if you win gold, celebrate all you want. My favorite line of the Olympics so far is when one of the guys on the 100 relay team was being interviewed afterward and spoke of the motivation they got from "the Frenchies" shooting their mouth off. That team had an amazing victory in shattering the world record in of the most dramatic races of the Olympics and they still didn't celebrate as much as the gymnastics team.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 08-12-2008 at 12:18 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote