View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #342
Icy
Pro Starter

[quote=Dark Cloud;1807264].... And unlike say, a Tony Parker, he doesn't seem able to create his own shot. Which I think is a weakness of a guy who wants to be a modern point guard. But that said, I'm sure someone will take him Top 10 in the NBA draft when he's eligible, just on the marketing potential.

Have you watched the youtube video in the game vs Russia 2 years ago (under 16yo Euro cup)? He scored 55 points, grabbed 24 rebounds, made 12 assists, and stole the ball 7 times.

Besides that high scoring performance, i must agree with you that he is not the typical NBA scoring PG, but more of an Euro PG, with incredible vision/IQ and who passes first, but Calderon is also the same style of euro PG and he is doing well in Toronto. He can become a top player in assist and steals, as unlike Calderon, Rubio is a top defender. He will need good scorers aronud to receive his passes. His best shooting is at the PT, with 80%. He debuted at 14 years old in the Spanish pro league and was elected 2008 best PG in Spanish pro league being only 18 years old, that set a new record.

He is eligible in the next draft, and already considered a top prospect by some websites (even top 3 pick, but i doubt it).

Last edited by Icy : 08-12-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote