Thread: Your kid's diet
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #30
AgustusM
College Prospect

Our house is a bit of a social experiment when it comes to food.

We have a blended family. My wife and I have been married for 6 years. I have an 10 year old son and an 8 year old daughter from my first marriage.

My wife has a 9 year old son from her first marriage.

we have a 2 year old son together.

we both have 50/50 custody of the first marriage kids.

My first marriage kids have terrible diets and eat McDonalds three times a week when they are with their mom. My 10 year old son is getting better but my daughter literally eats three things: chicken nuggets, kraft mac and cheese or pizza - that's it. We have constant battles at our house, have tried a thousand strategies but basically she just waits us out, doesn't eat at our house and then goes to her mom and gets whatever she wants. Funny thing is her mom isn't an idiot, she has a masters in child psychology and is a principal at a junior high. She just doesn't have any discipline with her own kids.

My wife's kids on the other hand (that is her 9 year old from first marriage and the one we have together) eat everything healthy. She fed them like they were adults from the moment they started on solid foods and neither one of them refuse anything. They both eat a ton of fruits, vegetables, fish and whole wheat bread. They both eat way better than I do.

Only problem on that end is she trained them a little too well, they both love Sushi. It is their favorite food and it is common, in fact almost once a week the three of them will drop a hundred bucks on dinner.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote