Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

2005 Score:
Performance 100
Value 83
Profit 81
Difficulty 71
Total 85

Terrell Buckley and Charles Mincy retire after long and distinguished careers. Mincy holds the Cleveland records for Tackles and INT's

With his first Bowl win Force earns himself a raise, and an off-season without looking over his shoulder.

We have 7 Free agents, including starting Right DT Christian Peter who had a career best 7.5 sacks in only 12 starts. Peter was asking more then management was willing to pay last year. At ten years he's not getting any younger, and the jury is out on where he'll be at the end of this year. But for now we'll franchise him and try to keep our starting lineup relatively intact.
The other FAs are all backups we don't care too much about. The biggest loss will be Orlando Kennicott who has been a great backup to Sheen, rushing for over 50 times and 240 yards each of the past two seasons.

As our last act of the "pre-offseason" we raise the ticket prices to keep in line with the rest of the premier teams in the leagues.

We need to focus on keeping or acquiring back-up runners. We also need to add depth in the secondary and perhaps along the D-line.

For cohesion sake I don't see a major run for FA talent. We have 6.7 in cap space, 4 mil of which is devoted to the draft.

We come out of re-negotiations and Free agency with keeping 2 of our backups. 2 more remain unsigned, but want more then they are worth. We loose Kennicott.

Looking over the draft we see a few mid range prospects, so hold our own picks. With the first Pick of the draft KC selects their 3rd Defensive line man in the top five picks of the draft in as many years. Suspecting a poor season again for them this year we trade our draft picks in rounds 4,5,6,7 this year and next years 2nd rounder for their 2007 first rounder. This will free up some space to sign our Franchise player, as well as help us get an impact player next season with 2 first rounders to work with.

Draft:
Rnd 1 - Tommy Pieper, DT, Southern Methodist
Rnd 2 - Cornell Flowers, C, Miami, Florida
Rnd 3 - Ross Dawson, CB, Texas Tech

To make up some space to sign them, we trade 3rd string Center Scott Downs plus the 2007 5,6 and 7 to the Rams for their number 2 in 2007. We also renegotiate Peter's 3.5 mil franchise deal to a more cap friendly 2.2/2.45/3.2 Deal

I want to trade Ty Law, as we are deep and young at CB, but I want to try to repeat and he is signed for this year and next. The cohesion and leadership he provides will be helpful while defending our title. (Subby, if he doesn't retire you should probably try to get a 2007 or 2008 first rounder for the old man. We won't be able to pay all the bills on our current secondary personnel in the years to come.)

I'm thinking about FS J.R. Quinn or RB Donnie Sheen as my keeper but I'll make my decision at the end of the season.

QB Blaine Davies, DT B.J. Mudgett and LB Rufus Duke are currently on the list. The one thing I couldn't secure was a young WR stud but... oh well.
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote