View Single Post
Old 10-22-2000, 12:19 AM   #4
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

2005 Off-Season

After assessing the Browns situation I have come up with 6 changes I want to try for.

The first is to let go of Force, the second is to get a good Safety, third, a great young WR prospect, fourth to refine or skills and drop an Offensive formation the fifth is to get our profits back up. The final change I want to make is... get to and win the FOF Bowl!

Force comes back to us a year wiser, and with a few improvements, none in disciplne though. Unfortunaltly, with 10 head coach changes around the league, the prospects left to us are unworthy of taking the Browns to the big game. Force gets at least one more chance. It's probably his last.

Having not made the playoffs last year I don't raise regular ticket prices. But with the High demand for our stadium, I increase the Club and Box prices a bit, we have about the 5th most expensive tickets right now.

3 Trade offers come in, none of which are worth our time.

Canty(S) and Pickens(WR) refuse to negotiate with us due to playing time. We look to free agency to pick up a replacement for each of them. After the dust settles, we resign one of the 3 WR's, and the other 2 are both left unsigned. Pickens agent still won't talk to us and it looks like we'll have to take the cohesion hit. I'm still looking at WR or S as the bigest area of need for the draft.

We trade our 1,2,5 and 6 To carolina to move up in the first round to number 9.

"With the 9th pick of the 2005 Draft the Cleveland Browns select J.R. Quinn, Safety from Ohio State."

Rnd 2 - Lawrence Porter, WR, Manchester
Rnd 3 - Christian Ferderer, CB, Virginia

We continue to ignore trade offers as we settle on a starting line-up:
QB Davies (#1 in league)
RB Sheen (2)
FB Bednarik (5)
WR Wallace, Owens (4)
TE Stark (5)
C Smith (6)
G Roundtree, Smith (1)
T Nails, Adams (1)
P Slay (5)
K Rowlins (5)
DE Whiting, Taylor (9)
DT Mudget, Peter (3)
LB Duke, Roose, Farmer (1)
CB Carr, Law (2)
S Mincy, Evans(4)

Cohesion is climbing up to the middle of the pack at: 71/81/75/88
We are ranked number 3 in total value, our Stadium is bringing us down.
33/100/99/47
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote