View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #289
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I would express to the gentleman that I am deeply concerned that, if no Speaker is elected today, critical legislation passed by this august body will not be enacted into law. This would be a tremendous victory for the evil that walks among us.

Even though Chubby's politics are a little too conservative to my tastes, I felt it important to support the nomination of someone who strives to bridging the chasm that seperates our two parties. And because he is closer in philosophy to you and some of our more moderate bretheren, it is my sense that your constituents would prefer Chubby to St. Cronin and would subsequently indicate that support at the polls.

Yes, but even my constituents can see that if all Mr. Chubby promises is more pandering and empty promises, then they are better off with the candidate who sits on my side of the aisle.

Given the donkey's inability to see our way on the issue of Wolf Discovery, I can't plausibly see how, without taking out of both sides of their mouth, they can honestly expect to see my vote heads towards Representative Chubby.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote