View Single Post
Old 10-24-2000, 03:13 PM   #6
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Pre Season 2000:

only 19 players are still under contract, so a huge rebuilt of our 3-13 dynasty will be going on.

I stepped right on to the FA Period, in wich I will sign only 1 player.
The options are:
Jeff Smith, center, age 27, was a backup at Kansas City.
Antonio Freeman, flanker, age 28, was all-league 1st team at Green Bay.
Lawyer Milloy, free safety, age 27, was all-league 2nd team at Dallas.
Ruben Brown, right guard, age 28, started 13 games at Buffalo.

At the defensive backs line, we already have Jason Sehorn.
At split end, we have a decent receiver with Vincent Brisby and we also have an excellent running back (Morris Jells.)
So, an offensive lineman seemed to be the best addition. Looking at our squad we have still Olin Kreutz (center) signed and no guards.
I set our goal for Ruben Brown!
I offered him a 7-year contract worth the minimum salary, but also a $49M signing bonus!

Ruben Brown had no moment of doubt, he signed right away.

Now up to the draft...
As my team has the #1 draft pick already, I could easily trade all the other picks to other teams (inlcuding #17 and #32 overall.)

Looking at the options, these were the major ones:
Todd Wright, quarterback, age 21, should be amongst the top 5 passers in the future.
Kurt Krieger, tight end, age 22, by far the most talented tight end available and 8.0 future rated by the league scouts.
Anthony Gable, wide receiver, age 22, the only wide receiver with a good prospect for the future.
Steve Richardson, center, age 22, should be one of the best center in the league in no-time.
Corwin Guillen, tackle, age 21, 6'6" 300 lbs. with excellent potentials and a huge endurance.
Ernie Chechetts, linebacker, age 22, by the combined scouts assessments rated at 8.0 future.

I decided not to select Wright, as we still have Jeff Lewis.
Also, the receivers Krieger and Gable are not prior, because of Brisby and Jells.
If I would select an offensive linemen, Guillen is the man, not Richardson.
Chechetts should add a lot of skill to the defense, but I think Jason Sehorh did that al ready last season.
I decide to select Chechetts, as out team al ready has 3 tackles signed.

I signed a lot of undrafted rookies, only to find out my roster now has 70 players, including 35 unsigned players.
That means I have to go to the training camp without a kicker, and without enough defensive players!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote