View Single Post
Old 10-26-2000, 01:19 AM   #34
SackAttack
Head Coach

2002 Amateur Draft

I should have known he wouldn't fall to #7. St. Louis grabbed Notre Dame wideout Malcolm Burnett with the #1 overall. I had hoped he'd slip, but they evidently needed an impact wideout as badly as I do.
Steve Ramirez out of N.C. State looks like a more-than-adequate replacement, however. I'll take a chance on him.

In the 2nd round, there's both a FB and a RB that I like, so I send LB Marty Moore and my 3rd/5th round picks to Arizona for the #8 pick in the 2nd round.

With those two picks, I select the following players.

RB Harvey Burnett - Temple

He won't threaten Schrempf, but he'll allow me to dump one of my worthless backup RBs.

FB Nathan Barnes - LaSalle

Gives me a solid 2nd option at FB. I'm set at that position for a while.

LB Isaac Porter out of Georgia is my 4th round selection. I could use one more LB out of this draft, as well.

LB Andrew Sinclair is my sixth round choice, out of Georgetown. I should be ready to go to camp now, but will make a 7th round choice anyway.

Crap. I thought I had drafted Burnett, but I guess not. Fortunately, he's still around in the 7th round, so I take him there. I evidently took a lesser back earlier on, so I can now dump TWO crappy backs. Still, I dodged a major bullet there.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote