View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH LEAGUE

I saved the QS on the day that the 2000 World Series ended. Here are several ideas:

• TAKE OVER A TEAM IMMEDIATELY THAT'S IN A HORRIBLE SITUATION. I'd recommend the San Diego Sunshine, if that's the direction you like to go. The market, fan loyalty, and fan interest are all bad. They have the lower owner-set budget in the league, and they've finished last or next-to-last four consecutive seasons.
  • DO AN EXPANSION DRAFT AND TAKE OVER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS. I've attached logos, cap and jersey information for two additional teams to add to the EC, the Columbus (GA) Mudcats and Pittsburgh Coal Miners.
  • RELEASE ALL PLAYERS AND HAVE A FREE-FOR ALL DRAFT OR FREE AGENCY PERIOD. No idea how well the AI handles this, but it's certainly a good way to build "your" team from the beginning.
An additional thing to consider, no matter what direction you go, is the option to erase all league stats, history, etc. I'd recommend leaving service time as-is if you do that. Otherwise, the ROY and MVP in year one will be the same.

Hope y'all enjoy this.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 07-04-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote