View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #2429
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the great game, st.cronin. I had a lot of fun. And big time thanks to hoops for drafting me #1, as well as to the kind comments of others who said or implied it was the "obvious" move. I think we have some great players here, and several could fit into the that #1 spot, so I appreciate that you guys have that opinion of me. I completely agree with hoops (in the chat) where my schedule tends to hide me a little more than other high-rep players, although I have always said no one should hold back voting me just because of my schedule. Afternoon deadlines, actually, are the worst for this. I think my schedule also helped with the Cruise game, where I was again a victorious wolf. Evening deadlines are more fun for me personally--but I have less success with them.

I think Poli did a terrific draft. If I had seen the draft before the game, I think I would have thought hoops made some really odd choices. I would have liekly accepted them as potentially solid because hoops makes excellent moves, really, all the time, but I would have thought it weird. But then upon getting together with my team, I was amazed. Danny, Mrs. Schmidty and mccollins are all very good players, and scary wolves. Our PM conversations were gold. Just great stuff. Don't trust any of us (or EF).

Speaking of EF, EagleFan, actually I didn't catch on in any so obvious ways, although I believe I did think there was potential for you being the wolf based one exactly what you said, the hit and run vote on Mrs. Schmidty, the interest and vote on me. But there were a lot of villagers who we were getting mixed reads on, so it was a sorta situation where your tells were getting lost in a mass of perceived tells from everyone else. We switched our "obvious cultist" picks from day to day, trying to figure it out, and didn't until the whole Schmidty reveal thing. Like mccollins said, we were really thrown by the very dangerous votes and attention you were throwing out there. So you did a really good job in this one of hiding yourself.

We also made the mistake of applying conventional wisdom to hoops' draft, even as I said we should be careful about doing it. We were thrown by the relative inexperience of the wolf group, and figured the cultist was a high level/rep player who was probably drafted first overall, with me second. So we were looking at Barkeep, Pass, other long time vets, etc.

My "best" move was apparently an accident. I saw DT use the term "b/c" in a key Day One post, thought it was a "bg" hint, and picked him out as the BG before his reveal. Turns out "b/c" was just a way he writes (he did it later, post reveal and before we NK'd him). So we got lucky there (although didn't matter anyway, with his reveal).

Dodged a close vote on me on Day Two, and a ton of close votes on mccollins--this guy has nine lives, I just can't believe it. Mrs. Schmidty got some heat early on, and of course, Danny got a lot more heat the last few days. I really think this game was as much about things just breaking the right way, as it was smart play. I think we as wolves made some very good decisions and maximized our opportunities, but we also just had some good rolls, too. We almost talked ourselves out of killing DT on Day Two. I forget why, but I know I was the one leading that bad logic. We didn't get the order change in time, and DT ended up killed, and BK the spy was lynched in a vote where I was one vote behind him. That day was utter euphoria, along with picking out SnDvls as the last remaining seer on Day Three (we, too, thought Lathum was the fake--we didn't even know he was the real seer until now with you guys).

Speaking of Lathum, we really did kill him for exactly what I postulated in the thread--to keep the other seer guessing and basically to screw with y'all, since Lathum was a key to a lot of theories you guys had. I even used the term mindf*** in the thread, which I later got anxious about because I realized I used pretty much the exact same term in private PMs suggesting a similar approach in the previous game where I was a wolf with Alan, LSG, EF and Telle--and they were all still alive at that time. I prayed none of them would catch the term and make a link to my past behavior.

clap, stop automatically suspecting I'm a wolf. It's killing me! Actually, I hope I am not a wolf for a while. I suspect I will be lynched on Day One several games in a row.

Thanks again everyone. I had a blast. And to the other wolves, wow, great team. You guys can be my wingman any time (cue obvious response...).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote