View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #465
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Horrible start as we go down 8-0, but Cornette hit 2 FT's and then we went on a 12-0 run largely thanks to Cornette who is playing his best basketball.

Up 23-14 with 10 minutes left as we go to the bench.

Willis might be a star for my team at some point, but this new backup lineup is going to keep him from getting as much time this year. With Bitee at PG, Ortiz at SG, and Collins at SF, we are generating tremendous mismatches. Bowers is bigger than Willis and he is doing a good job of rebounding and even has a blocked shot during this stretch.

With 3 minutes to go, we are up 34-18.

We are up 43-25 at the half.

Cornette is the player of the half with 10 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and a block. Hannan also has 10.

We did have a 25 point lead at one point, but they narrow it to 17 before I go to my bench. Up 65-47.

Normally with a big lead, I let up and slow things down, but I wanted to see if this bench group is as good as they looked in the 1st half... they played great in this final stretch as well. Destroying their competition.

We win the game 98-59.

Hannan is the player of the game with 18 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, 1 block, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 14, 2 of 4, and 4 of 5 from the line.

Great games from everyone:

Wates with 10 points, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 3 of 5 from the field and 2 of 4 from the arc.

Graves with 10 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 7.

Cornette with 12 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 5 of 7.

Simon with 4 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Collins with 15 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 8, 2 of 3, and 1 of 2.

Ortiz with 10 points, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 board. He shot 3 of 5, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Clifford with 6 points, 13 boards, 3 assists, and a steal.

Bowers with 12 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 4 steals. He was much faster than his counterpart and besides the many steals, he went to the line 8 times. He was 8 of 8 from the line and 2 of 4 from the field with no 3 point attempts.

That decisive win has us back in the Media Poll at #25.

After the game, Dexter Buggs tells us that we are his #1 choice and he has moved us ahead of Cornell! Dexter is a 6'10 252 pound 3 star center from Toronto. He is ranked 314th overall and 16th among centers. Our staff feels he has excellent potential for growth and is already strong at dunking and ball handling. He is also a good passer for his position. He isn't really bad in any area except speed.

Heh. I just realized I never posted this. This is from 2 days ago, but just posting now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote