View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #328
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
not likely. it wouldn't be a good strategy for a company suffering such huge losses on a product to invest *more* resources into improving it. i think we'd be more likely to see a discontinuance of new features and selling the game in stores and EA essentially selling downloadable rosters and uni's in the Xbox Live marketplace and similar for PS3. this would eliminate the need for such high overhead (namely salaries of developers) and still be able to generate revenue cuz they'd only need to keep a handful of people to update rosters and uni's. this is a more likely route than "i guess we're forced to dump even more money, time and resources into this product that generates losses for us".

I disagree. Especially since EA has a huge deal with the NFL for exclusivity. I can't imagine a company like EA saying "well it keeps losing money, so lets make it worse". When your sales are down, you're losing customers. A smart business would work to get them back.

And honestly, I think they try to make the game better, but have executives so out of touch with reality they can't. It reminds me a bit of what ESPN did to sports television. EA has put this image in their head of their customer that is so far off from reality. They think their fans care about soundtracks and Madden cards. That a create-a-ring feature is going to gloss over the fact that the AI can be abused to death. Think about some of the features this company has added over the years, it's laughable. If you had told me there was a create-a-fan function being added to a game, I'd have thought you had read it off The Onion.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote