View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

OT: PokerPro Tables

Anybody see these in action? I played a $100 sit and go on one at Mohegan Sun last night. I thought I would hate it, and while I still prefer cards and chips, this was a very cool experience. I particularly liked the fact that in an all in situation where the 2 players have their cards flipped, it shows the odds of winning the hand as the flop, turn and river cards come. Also, you always know how many chips everyone at the table has.

The cons were that the 'fold and muck' and 'fold and show' buttons are very close together and a few times people hit the wrong button and showed their cards. Also, when they call a new sit and go, you have to wait for everyone to show up...they cant blind people's stacks down, as your money is not taken until you show up at the table and insert your players card. We waited 10 minutes to get started, and they finally had to call alternates.

Still, the pros outweighed the cons and I think this is very innovative. I can't wait to play there again.

Here is the companies website. They have a video of how the tables work.

http://www.playpokerpro.com/

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote