View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #123
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

So I went to see Billy last night at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. I am not a huge fan, but I generally like his music.

He looks old and out of shape, but the guy can still put on a really great show. He has a great stage persona as well. About 90% of the set are his hits that everyone wants to hear. I hate when performers play a lot of their B-sides or deeper album tracks, especially if I am just a casual fan of the guy. Billy played the songs you know for the most part. Piano Man is a classic, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant was great. His piano solo was pretty amazing. He has some amazing musicians in his band, particularly his horn section.

Not sure how anyone can actually hate the guy, even if you are not a fan of his music. *shrug*

Finished third in a 100 dollar single table sit and go. Mohegan doesn't have a poker room but they have a half dozen electronic poker tables. It is actually pretty cool, though I still prefer having chips and cards...I can see this type of poker table becoming more popular though.

Here is a link to the pokerpro electronic table. I want one for my home.

http://www.playpokerpro.com/

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote