View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #21
st.cronin
General Manager

I just have a couple of things to add:

I almost got run over by Phil Hellmuth on his way to his table at the WSOP. He was the one guy I would have wanted to see, and was really the only person I recognized. Supposedly Jennifer Tilly was seated one table away from Brian at one point, but she sure didn't look like Jennifer Tilly to me. There were tons of people at the Rio, but the atmosphere wasn't quite as crazy as I expected. Its not much of a spectator experience, to be honest. I was able to get pretty much right on top of Brian's last table to watch for a while, and to my amateur eye it looked like a very tough table.

Apart from the tourney at the luxor, I played a tourney at the Golden Nugget, which was a lot of fun - it was a good structure, and was pretty big. I made it to the final table, but was about 3 spots away from the money.

Kelly and I stayed at three different places - Monte Carlo, Golden Nugget, and MGM. The Golden Nugget was easily the nicest of the 3, although the Monte Carlo was quite nice, if a bit sleepy. The MGM is too big for my taste - it was an EXTREMELY long trek from our bed to the pool.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote