View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #242
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
From my previous discussions with cronin about the game, roles were indeed assigned to certain picks. So it wasn't pick the wolves and then give them roles it was Pick 1 would be role X. So the question is would that be a cunning wolf? If the answer is YES then I think you're right there and would suggest Lathum over Alan as Lathum always seems to be scanned early. If Pick 1 wasn't a cunning wolf, however, then I think my analysis stands.

This post I feel is either intentionally or un-intentionally misleading. I ended up getting the role that I "campaigned" for via PM prior to the game and I have to guess that I wasn't purposely picked in a certain slot just to get that role. It seems obvious to me based on what I know is that the draft picks were made and then Poli/Hoops provided the list to Cronin of which players should be which roles as an independant action.

As far as setting myself up to be a night kill target for the wolves, whomever is the bodyguard doesn't really need to worry about it. I plan on fully revealing at deadline time and if the wolves choose to target me, then they pretty much just wasted a chance at getting someone they actively are looking for.

As for why I'm revealing on day 1.. well you'll just have to trust me that I felt this to be the best way to play my role. If you disagree, then lecture me after the game I guess. And no.. I'm not going to fake reveal on day 1 before hardly any votes are cast if I was a wolf.. I'm not that brave/dumb even.

As for whom do I think Hoops would have picked? I am pretty sure that Hoops knows this type of discussion would occur in this game. He ran a game as a GM before with this similar mechanic in it and this conversation happened there as well. I have to guess Hoops would have prepared himself the best as possible to not get caught with all of his eggs in one basket...

Thus with a 21 person game, I'll assume 4 or 5 wolves... I would assume he'd probably pick one veteran for a cunning wolf as has been discussed.. I would assume one newer player that Hoops was pretty excited about their play.. I would assume one under the radar type that would slide deep into the game while still being a solid player and I would assume one other veteran type that doesnt get scanned often and is not often considered as someone Hoops would pick.. (This type of veteran player pick I would consider players like Schmidty, DaddyTorgo, etc)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote