View Single Post
Old 10-23-2000, 01:27 PM   #22
SackAttack
Head Coach

2000 Playoffs

Wild Card Round

San Francisco stumbled into the playoffs at 10-6 after an 8-0 start. They could be vulnerable here.

San Francisco 24, Arizona 0
Cincinnati 28, Indianapolis 16
Dallas 29, Minnesota 23
Seattle 30, Miami 10

Not THAT vulnerable, obviously.

Conference Semifinals

The Jets and Jags are the favorites to win FOF Bowl II, but they are, unfortunately, conference rivals. Means the BIG game is going to happen the week before FOF Bowl II.

Atlanta 34, San Francisco 28
Cincinnati 25, Jacksonville 24
Dallas 28, Detroit 10
Seattle 24, New Jersey 16

That'll teach me to play favorites. The playoff picture is officially a mess. If I had to guess, I'd say Cowboys/Bengals in FOF Bowl II, but the four remaining teams are so evenly matched its not even funny.

Conference Finals

Dallas 17, Arizona 13
Cincinnati 28, Seattle 10

So there you have it. Cowboys and Bengals will face off in FOF Bowl II. Both teams are making their first Bowl appearances, and for Cincinnati, its their first playoff appearance as well.

FOF Bowl II

Dallas 31, Cincinnati 19

Dallas tried their best to give this one away. Three lost fumbles and an INT, and Cincy failed to capitalize on the free chances. In the end, it was Blake's inability to complete a pass that cost the Bengals their shot at glory.

Three awards this season. Dixon Schrempf was awarded the Offensive Rookie of the Year trophy, while C Nick Logan and DE Tony Brackens made the First Team at their respective positions.

We have quite a few contracts expiring in the offseason, though several were 1 year contracts signed due to injury. I'd like to get those guys back, but they may not want to return to a team that has gone 5-11 the last two years.

Herb gives us a year end score of 44. He obviously doesn't share my optimism.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote