View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #319
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
If you're able to show me that EA is constantly pushing the envelope to improve the sports game genre, I'll be happy to retract my statement. I believe that EA Sports is the main reason that sports gaming is as lousy as it is right now as you correctly cited. When an industry leader makes it the norm to provide slight upgrades each year rather than full innovation and will buy up licenses or companies to make sure that status quo holds, there's a big problem. It's inexcusable.

What does any of this have to do with the "perfect games out there" that you claim? Seriously, waiting on a list of these sports games.

And for the record, as I've stated many times in threads like this, I have no problem with enjoying these games for what they are. I'll spend $60 on what amounts to basically a roster update. I spent about $100 on beer the other night and don't even remember most of it. I'll get months of enjoyment out of Madden/NCAA because I take them for what they are and I'm not driving myself crazy when something unrealistic happens. Now if other people don't feel that way, of course that's fine.

GTA IV is pretty damn close to a perfect game in my eyes and I'm sure there are others out there (Besides GTA, I've barely played any non-sports game in years). But you have to admit that sports games in general are at a significant disadvantage when it comes to realism.

Last edited by Logan : 06-23-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote