View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #315
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
not likely. it wouldn't be a good strategy for a company suffering such huge losses on a product to invest *more* resources into improving it. i think we'd be more likely to see a discontinuance of new features and selling the game in stores and EA essentially selling downloadable rosters and uni's in the Xbox Live marketplace and similar for PS3. this would eliminate the need for such high overhead (namely salaries of developers) and still be able to generate revenue cuz they'd only need to keep a handful of people to update rosters and uni's. this is a more likely route than "i guess we're forced to dump even more money, time and resources into this product that generates losses for us".

I disagree. That's a great short-term solution but long-term it will kill the franchise. People won't come back unless they get new features.

The bottom line is, though sales are down, it's still profitable. I'm sure they're trying to figure out the most cost-effective solution to drive more sales. That's what companies that want to stay in business do.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote