View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #247
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Ok, so I am thinking that the WHA is going down the toilet. I have 20 years simmed now and I don't think I like it. It is not a problem with the game as much as it is a problem with my vision for the league. I basically set up a full division, 4 of 24 teams, that had no chance of doing anything against the rest of the league. Ireland, England, France, and Spain just won't produce the level of talent that the teams from Mexico, U.S., Cuba, and the others get to pick and choose from. To see their division winner have a losing record more times then not just blows.

There are flaws with the talent distribution that I can't work around with this system. And at this point I don't want to just release the roster restrictions again and act like nothing happened. My league history is already tainted because of what I was trying to do.

I saved my template though and if I hear of a good way to feed talent to teams like this in the future I will try it again. I am not real familiar with feeder leagues yet so maybe the answer is in those. As for now I think I will set up a U.S. based league that just shoots out into the neighboring countries a little.

In this thread on OOTP, I posted my world baseball ranking, based largely on performance/results and baseball infrastructure in said countries. It doesn't include countries that didn't attempt to qualify for the 2008 Olympics, however.

I've included my nations.txt file into it, which could give you a better setup of nations that actually have baseball talent, modified by my ranking and as a result, might make it a lil' easier to do what you're doing.

Or not.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote