View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #238
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
It's interesting to note that European football is considering going back to a version of a restriction on foreign players by forcing clubs playing in European competitions to field 5-6 home grown players in every game which would be basically half of your starters. You might be able to achieve something similar with your league, but it's hard to know precisely which number to use. Half your active roster? Half of your batting lineup? I'm not sure.

The first season of the league I had it set to 10 foreign players per team, no position restrictions. I quickly noticed every team was filling out their pitching staffs with all their allowed foreign players. So I left the overall number of 10 (the highest you can go) foreign players allowed, but limited pitchers to four. I switched it back to that system now and will sim a good chunk of years to see how teams get back on track. This is slowly starting to turn into a test league for this set up for me it seems.....

Like you said, I wish I could go to that halfway point, but I don't see a way to do it. The most foreign players you can authorize is 10. I would prefer to just swing it the other way and say you have to have 10 or 12 home grown guys and the rest can be foreign if you want. There is no option for that though.