View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #229
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
also a random note - I notice many pitchers (in a real-MLB universe) having what appears to be a "default 3" pitches - fastball, slider, changeup -- even when they should have more -- someone like Dice-K comes to mind. Or Wakefield not having a knuckleball.

So the default-MLB roster isn't quite fit entirely for long-term play at the moment, but it'll do to get accustomed to the game.
To be honest, the MLB rosters are pure crap. It was clearly a rushed attempt at rosters and probably should have not been advertised with the game. My biggest gripe with the rosters is that there are players with real names who were never adjusted rating wise. It's tough to edit. I'd have preffered less players that were rated correctly, then I could add new ones. Now I don't know who to edit and you're almost like starting from scratch.

There are some people in the roster mod forum attempting to fix them, but if you've witnessed the roster mod forum in action, you won't see anything till 2009 (although you'll learn a lot about everyone's varying illnesses, family deaths, financial problems, etc).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote