View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #132
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This is one of those things that may have changed in ootp9, if so DC can probably answer.. but in the past I always went with 10 rounds if I had ghost players on.. By increasing the number of rounds you don't increase the talent that is coming in. You still have the same number of top prospects as before, you just get that many additional rounds of 1 star prospects.

I usually find it a mistake to have a minor league system cluttered with 1 star prospects when you are looking for player development. Of course with that approach, you usually end up with a fair number of ghost players, but your prospects don't get stifled that way at least.

yy. I try to avoid minors with lots of kids who won't play or make the majors and I use ghost players too. I've been playing with a talent change randomness of 150 or even 200 and it's actually been useful in getting players who are drafted in late rounds to 'blossom' later. It's supposedly been in other versions, but I've never seen it work as well it has in this version.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote