View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #103
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I want to set up a fictional league, I haven't decided on the number of teams yet, but I will most likely start with around 24 teams. The league will be the Western Hemisphere Association, so you can guess I want my teams spread around. The U.S. will have the most, with a team or more in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba....maybe a team in England, South America somewhere, Central America as well.

So my question is, with my league set as a 'United States' league, most the players will come from there won't they? Does having teams in those countries increase players from those countries at all?

Dark Cloud would probably have a better answer, but I think part of the answer comes in the 'Foreigner Percentage' variable. With a test league I set up yesterday, I created four divisions of teams with each division having teams based in one country. I set foreigner percentage at 0 and the teams were stocked with a pretty even mix of players from only those 4 countries, even though the league was based in England.

I would suspect that in your case, you would get a mix of players from all the countries in your league, but that the better players would come from the better baseball playing nations.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote