View Single Post
Old 10-22-2000, 11:51 PM   #18
SackAttack
Head Coach

2000 Regular Season

Week One

Our first game of the season comes against no less than Cincinnati, coming off a 3-1 preseason. This won't be an easy game, but as long as Kneiling throws to the brown helmets, we'll be competitive.

Cincinnati 32, CLEVELAND 3

This was closer than it looked. The six field goals from Bengals kicker David Wiggins provided much of the final margin. The Bengals only managed one offensive TD the entire game. We managed even less, unfortunately. The three INTs by Kneiling didn't help. I wonder if he knows what color brown is?

Week Two

CLEVELAND 16, Pittsburgh 14

Baker hit all three of his FG attempts, including one from beyond 50 yards out, and Lincoln Nixon had a 3 yard TD run to provide the Cleveland offense. Recent LB acquisition Marty Moore had 7 tackles and an INT on the day.

Week Three

We lost DT Walt Emmons for 2-3 months thanks to a badly sprained back last week. Time to hit the FA market again. Kendel Shello is available, so we sign him for the princely sum of $920,000 for the remainder of the season.

Arizona 27, CLEVELAND 20

Mike Vanderjagt kicked two late FGs to put this one on ice, but the truth is, it was over when Eric Metcalf ran a kickoff back 92 yards for 'Zona's final TD in the third quarter. That absolutely broke the back of our offense, as we didn't really get anything done the rest of the way.

If its possible, Kneiling's rating is even worse than it was last year, at a paltry 48.8. 1 TD, 5 INTs. I honestly wish I had a better alternative, but I guess trial by fire is the way to go. Baker, OTOH, is perfect in kicking opportunities so far this year.

Week Four

Tennesee 34, CLEVELAND 26

We gave up 10 unanswered points in the final 5 minutes to lose this one. We could easily be 3-1 if not for these last minute collapses.
The bright side is, Baker hit 4 more FGs and 2 more PATs to remain perfect in kick opportunities with 10 FGs and I don't know how many PATs. Has anybody ever gone a season without missing a kick?

[This message has been edited by SackAttack (edited 10-22-2000).]
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote