View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
BigPapi
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but it sounds like he's mixing two different parameters here. Endurance, which tells you how long a pitcher can throw before tiring and the number of "major league" pitches, which goes a long way in determining how effective a pitcher will be each time he goes through the lineup.

I have to agree. Being less effective as a pitcher because you are worn out isn't the same thing as not having the pitch assortment to fool batters multiple times....Still, I appreciate that Markus tried to address this- and now that I know how this works- can use it to my benefit. I think the pitching system will need a complete overhaul to address this correctly in the long run. To answe KSyrup above- the game still used SP, MR, and SP labels in OOTP8- and I have seen no indication that things will be different in OOTP9.

My question is- has the AI been tweaked to take advantage of this as well? In other words, will we occasionally see the AI use pitchers with 30-45 endurance (on a 1-100 scale) as starters? ....Becasue I have never seen the AI do this in OOTP8.

Last edited by BigPapi : 06-18-2008 at 02:17 PM.
BigPapi is offline   Reply With Quote