View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Head Coach Producers are answering question on OS and while there are things I wish that made it into the game that didn't, I think this sounds like a nice feature and makes me think that these guys "get it" in their pursuit of realism:

Yes - you can check out the box score of any game, regular season or post-season, at any point during the season.

What is really cool about the game this year to me, is that if you get eliminated from the playoffs as soon as your week 17 game is over, you immediately start going thru the Staff Evaluations/Staff Hiring/Firing phase of the offseason.

Teams who are still in the playoffs do NOT go thru this yet. If they are still in playoffs, no staff evaluations occur. So what this means for you the gamer, do you risk waiting around for a Jim Caldwell type of guy with the Colts, who are in the playoffs, will he leave this year for a better opportunity on my team as a Offensive Coordinator, or do I just play it safe and go after a college fantasy coach or someone from another team who got fired.

The thing is with a guy like Jim Caldwell, it is somewhat a random chance that he will leave vs. stay with Colts. When I say random, I don't mean we are flipping a coin based on nothing. I mean that the chance for coaches to leave in general is a % chance type of deal, so the experience always feels fresh. Yes, there might be a 90% chance of Caldwell leaving if he has a certain personality type or if he is unhappy with the head coach. but very rarely do we make things like this happen 100% of the time.

Sorry to sidetrack here, just wanted to make sure you guys knew about this nice little feature we got in.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote