View Single Post
Old 10-22-2000, 01:51 AM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just a side note before we start the final quarter of the season - Mike Mamula is leading the league in sacks, and Chicago currently holds a playoff spot. What could have been.

CLEVELAND 19, San Diego 7

That win makes 4 for the season. Looks like I've pegged this team about right so far, but there's still three games left. Kneiling was clean for the 3rd or 4th straight week, and Becker added another TD to his rookie tally. Ryan Leaf, on the other hand, managed to throw three balls to rookie safety Howie Underwood He has 6 INTs so far this year. Not bad for a 6th round pick.

Cincinnati 24, CLEVELAND 19

Kneiling had a relapse, throwing 2 more INTs. Baker missed 1 of 3 FG attempts, and the 2 point conversion on our final score failed. Had Baker hit the missed attempt, we might have sent this game to OT. Oh, well. Kickers are rookies sometimes too.

Jacksonville 30, CLEVELAND 6

Funny how that works. The last time these two teams met, Jacksonville failed to cover a 13 point spread, but still won, 31-28. This time, the spread was 6, and the Jags put a 24 point hurtin' on the Browns. Must be a respect thing. Two more INTs for Kneiling.

CLEVELAND 24, Indianapolis 10

We came into this game at 4-11. Indy was 4-10. We just cost ourselves any chance we had at the #1, as Kansas City is guaranteed to finish with no more than 4 wins. On the other hand, 5 is more than I expected out of this team. I just wish we'd have a higher draft pick to show for our year.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote