View Single Post
Old 10-22-2000, 01:39 AM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

Baltimore 19, CLEVELAND 13

Calvin Becker and Bob Baker once again provide the offense, combining between them for a TD and two FGs. Brian Alford has been slow to heal. Halfway through the season, he's still listed as having 3-5 weeks remaining on a broken arm that was supposed to take 2-3 months to heal.

CLEVELAND 30, Pittsburgh 27

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Yes, we won. However, the win catapulted us into a tie with Green Bay for the #1 pick. That's not good, methinks.

However, we had some standout days. Junior Ishikawa returned 6 kicks for 227 yards, including an 88 yard return for a TD. He even scored a rushing TD. Karl Williams had another 100 yard day, and caught a TD pass as well. Bob Baker hit all three PATs and all 3 of his FG attempts. He's going to be an integral part of the red-zone offense while Kneiling matures, I think.

Carolina 33, CLEVELAND 16

Green Bay won, so that's a plus. Baker was 3-of-4 from range and Kneiling was again INT-free, so that's another. It looks like the defense is going to need some work in the offseason. A stronger line, for starters.

Alford is healthy again, finally, so he comes off the Inactive list, and Brisby takes his place.

CLEVELAND 31, Tennessee 0

I'm still in shock. We put up a SHUTOUT? The defense finally stopped putting out? Wow...
The rushing game was phenomenal, as Ishikawa and Becker combined for 169 yards and 3 TDs. Kneiling was INT-free (starting to sound like a mantra. Interceptees Anonymous or something), and even had a TD pass. All around, a fine performance. And at the Dawg Pound, to boot!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote