View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #1205
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It's interesting taking a look back at this analysis. It was before the series began and I think a completely fair one. Looking back at just the finals, I think it'd look like this:

Crosby - Zetterberg
Malkin - Datsyuk
Hossa - Franzen
Malone - Holmstrom
Staal - Draper
Sykora - Filppula
Ruutu - Samuelsson
Kennedy - Hudler
Dupuis - Cleary
Talbot - Helm
Roberts - Drake
Hall - Maltby

Gonchar - Lidstrom
Whitney - Rafalski
Letang/Sydor - Kronwall
Orpik - Stuart
Gill - Lilja
Scuderi - Lebda

Goaltenders I am calling a draw, because both playing extremely well.

I would argue Talbot outplayed Helm, and not solely based on that one goal. And I could even say Orpik and Stuart even-- that is the best series of games Orpik has ever played, but Stuart was great too. Stuart was much more effective offensively, but also had so costly turnovers. Call it a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
MAF had an amazing Game 5. His performance in that game was one for the ages. But other than that I don't recall him really standing on his head in any of the other games and he had a pretty bad Game 6, due to exhaustion like you said.

Osgood had 2 shutouts and didn't really have any bad games. He was steady as they come, made almost all the timely saves, including a number of great ones.

I'm callin' evens.

Poor Osgood. He'll just never ever get the respect he deserves.

I think anyone on this board could have won those first two games 4-1 and 3-1. He wasn't even tested. Not taking anything away from Osgood, but he didn't have to play nearly to the level Fleury did just to keep the Pens competetive.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote