View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I also really like this UI shot. Congrats, Icy (I think.)

Thanks

It took me two attempts to figure this UI design. The initial interface I designed was based on red/black color scheme and a modern look, like other WS games (mainly the basketball ones).

Both Shaun and me liked it at first, but the more I looked at it, the more i thought, hey, this is a nice interface design but... it didn't make me feel like playing a baseball game, it was maybe too modern, and most of baseball fans, and specially the text sim ones, are fans of the baseball tradition and history, and it doesn't mix well with aggressive designs and color schemes. We posted some amples at WS forums and some of the fans agreed with us, it was too modern looking.

So I decided to start from zero, and this time to try to design something more baseball related, using the colors we all associate with baseball, greens, sand browns, white, red, etc. trying also to add more more baseball related stuff in the screen, like a field, a home plate, etc.

So I came with this mockup screen:

In that team screen, the logo, team color background (blue in this case) and both home and away jerseys should be easy to customize to match each team (fictional in this sample). We will release the required graphic templates so it will be easier to create mods for it.

With my games mods background, i'm so happy that Shaun is making DDS:BB this easy to be modded and If i have time in between other WS projects i'm working on (WS staff is really, really active and always working on side projects), i'll also try to create some mods for it (all fictional based for copyright reasons).

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote